TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH
Dates to Remember
- Thursday, July 5th through Wednesday, July 11th: Fr. Brian’s is away and will return on Wednesday, July 11 in the evening.
- Thursday, July 12: Our next Diabetes II Support Group will meet with Susan Schlager, our Faith Community Parish Nurse, in the Cunningham Center in Platteville at 1:00 pm. All who are interested are invited to attend.
- Thursday, July 12: Creation Care Committee will meet at 6 PM in Legate Hall.
- There will be a work day Saturday, July 14, focused on making our church property as healthy and lovely as possible. This is in part a preparation for the new gardens that the Creation Care Committee will be developing as part of the grant from the national Episcopal Church. We will start at 9 AM and welcome the help of all. Please bring any pruners, rakes, shovels, etc. that you have. Work is more fun if many are working together!
- Friday, July 27: If you are not camping on Friday (our camping weekend at Blackhawk), save the date for our Fish Boil sponsored by Trinity Platteville at the Cunningham Center serving from 5-7:00 pm.
- Saturday, July 28: Two Summer Choir Workshops scheduled: July 28th from 1:00-2:00 pm and Tuesday, July 31st from 1:30-3:00 pm. Members may bring along a singing friend just for fun! And, new members are always welcome. To receive choir info emails, please contact Dorothy Mead; 608-987-0388.
- Saturday/Sunday, July 28 & 29: Don’t forget the camping weekend at Blackhawk. We have reserved the shelter. Canoeing is available and I am hoping that we will also have hiking that will include foraging information and plant identification. You can camp with us, join us for the day, or just come to the informal Eucharist on that Sunday.
- Sunday, July 29: We are planning a brief 9:00 am worship service at Trinity for potential visitors and others who cannot make the camping service.
Joan, Audrey, Colby, Conner, Sue, Betty, Quinn, Isabella, Kat, Jenny, Kurt, Jocelyn, Andrea, David+, Aaron, TJ, Richmond, Paul, Dottie, Bonnie, Ruthie, Patrick J., Patrick F., Jill, Derek, Brandy, Herbert, Jessica and John.
Thanks to all who worked on the July 4th Hot Dog and Root Beer Fundraiser for the Mineral Point Food Pantry.
A new TV monitor has been installed in Legate Hall with online access and Blue-Ray technology. Funding comes from our Congregational Development Grant (the Film Grant) awarded to Trinity from the Diocese of Milwaukee.
The 79th General convention of the Episcopal Church is being held July 5-13 in Austin, Texas. Resolutions currently awaiting committee action before possible submission include: Continuing the Advisory Council on the Stewardship of Creation, Creating Greening Loans, Planting “Paris Groves”, Oppose Environmental Racism, Trial Use of Creation Care Language in the Baptismal Covenant, Studying the Intersection of Evangelism, Church Planting and the Care of Creation, and Small Evangelism Grants. Many more and diverse resolutions exist. Please go online at generalconvention.org/legislative-information-gc2018 and look for the Virtual Binder of Resolutions.
Two Summer Choir Workshops scheduled: Saturday, July 28th from 1:00-2:00 pm and Tuesday, July 31st from 1:30-3:00 pm. Members may bring along a singing friend just for fun! And, new members are always welcome. To receive choir info emails, please contact Dorothy Mead; 608-987-0388.
If you are not camping on Friday, July 27th (our camping weekend at Blackhawk), save the date for our Fish Boil sponsored by Trinity Platteville at the Cunningham Center serving from 5-7:00 pm.
DATES TO REMEMBER