TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH
Dates to Remember
- Monday, August 6th: The Creation Care Committee meets at 6:00 pm in Legate Hall.
- August 9-15th: Fr. Brian will be out of the area and will return the evening of Wednesday, August 15th.
- Tuesday, August 21st: Vestry meets in Legate Hall at 6:30 pm (NOT as previously announced on the 17th!)
- Thursday, August 23rd: The Diabetes II Support Group meets at 1:00 pm in Platteville at the Cunningham Center. All interested are invited to attend.
- Thursday, August 23rd: Creation Care Committee meets at 6:00 pm in Legate Hall.
- Saturday, September 8th: Wild & Scenic Film Event with a 1:00 pm Storytelling Concert (free), and 7:00 pm Films with Special Guest Joseph Bruchac. Tickets are $10 each available at the door or from Berget Jewelers or brownpapertickets.com.
Click me! Trinity Church Mineral Point hosts its second annual Wild & Scenic Environmental Film Festival at the Mineral Point Opera House Saturday September 8th at 7:00pm. The films are meant to inform and inspire. Topics include oceans, food, wildlife, water/river issues, land preservation, energy resources, and indigenous perspectives. Joseph Bruchac, fabled storyteller, will be a special guest. $10. Tickets available at the door, at Berget Jewelers, or at brownpapertickets.com
(Printable posters - Film Festival | Storytelling - large files open in new window)
- Heard a good story lately?
Come to the Mineral Point Opera House Saturday September 8th at 1:00pm. A FREE event featuring Joseph Bruchac. Storyteller, Joseph is a poet, musician, and author of the Keepers of the Earth series, Native American stories and environmental activities for children, best sellers that reflect his Native American heritage and traditions. His stories are TOLD – not read or memorized – co-created with and for you! They are powerful messages for peace, justice, and the environment. This event is sponsored by Trinity Episcopal Church as part of their Wild & Scenic Film Festival weekend. Appropriate for all ages. A community reception for Joseph immediately follows the storytelling in the library. The reception is hosted by The Mineral Point Public Library, The Mineral Point Historical Society, and Trinity Episcopal Church. Come and Enjoy!
Joan, Audrey, Colby, Conner, Sue, Betty, Quinn, Isabella, Kat, Jenny, Kurt, Jocelyn, Andrea, David+, Aaron, TJ, Richmond, Paul, Dottie, Bonnie, Ruthie, Patrick J., Patrick F., Jill, Derek, Brandy, Jessica, John, Sharon, Terry and Family, Kris and Presiding Bishop Michael Curry.
Become a Wild & Scenic Film Event Sponsor: Become a sponsor for Mineral Point’s Trinity Episcopal Church Environmental Film Event to be held at the Opera House on September 8, 2018. Sponsorship is $25 for individuals or a company. The sponsor form with a company logo and $25 check is due to Jane Stenson (847-751-0523) by August 20th. Forms may be found in the back of the church.
Thank You to everyone who worked so hard to make the campout at Blackhawk Lake and the Combined Sunday Eucharist such a wonderful event. Twenty-one persons attended our Eucharist at Blackhawk Lake on Sunday July 29th. Members of our Combined Youth Group led us in portions of the service, including a sermon-skit and camp songs and our worship was followed by a wonderful picnic.
Thanks to all who worked on the July 4th Hot Dog and Root Beer Fundraiser for the Mineral Point Food Pantry. Over $500 was raised.
Wild & Scenic Film Event Saturday, September 8th with a 1:00 pm Storytelling Concert (free), and 7:00 pm Films with Special Guest Joseph Bruchac. Tickets are $10 each available at the door or from Berget Jewelers or brownpapertickets.com.