TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH
Joan, Audrey, Colby, Conner, Sue, Betty, Quinn, Isabella, Kat, Jenny, Kurt, Jocelyn, Andrea, David+, Aaron, TJ, Richmond, Paul, Dottie, Bonnie, Ruthie, Patrick J., Patrick F., Jill, Derek, Brandy, Jessica, John, Sharon, Kris, Anita, and Presiding Bishop Michael Curry.
Dates to Remember
- Wednesday, September 12: Type 2 Diabetes Support Group 1 p.m. in the Cunningham Center, Trinity-Platteville.
- Tuesday, September 18: Trinity Guild meeting in Legate Hall at 1:30 pm. Join us, we would love to see you!
- Thursday, September 20: Vestry meets at 6:30 pm at the church.
- Sunday, September 23: We will hold a discussion during coffee hour about gardens and grounds around the church and the rectory. Mark Prouty has prepared a detailed sheet with items to consider, priorities, costs in both money and labor, and suggested dates for some items. There will be copies in church next Sunday so you can look it over before the discussion. We would like to hear from everyone, even if you are probably not going to have time or ability to dig in the dirt with us.
- Sunday, September 30: Please note: change of time: As part of Cornish Fest weekend, Trinity-Mineral Point will host a Welch Hymn Sing from 2:30-3:30 pm followed by a Cornish Tea in Legate Hall from 3:30-4:30 pm. This is one hour later than originally announced. Everyone is welcome!
- October: Upcoming Small Group Study on what it means to be Episcopalian. We will use two books: A People Called Episcopalians; a brief introduction to our way of life and The Episcopal Way; church teachings for a changing world. Please contact Fr. Brian if interested in joining this study.
- Saturday, October 6: Combined All-Church Mini Retreat to be held at Wisconsin Badger Camp from 10:00 am—2:00 pm. Save The Date!
- Thursday, October 11: Indigenous Peoples’ Day Lecture at UW-Platteville Nohr Gallery Ullsvik Hall from 6-7:30 pm. William Quackenbush, Historic Preservation Program Director of the Ho-Chunk Nation will speak about “Ho-Chunk History; Past, Present, and Future”.
- Saturday, October 13: 2018 Diocesan Convention begins at 9:00 am at St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy in Delafield, WI. Visitors Welcome!
- Wednesday, October 17: Type2 Diabetes Support Group 1 p.m. in the Cunningham Center, Trinity-Platteville.
- DATE CHANGE October 11, 12 & 13 and 18, 19 & 20th: Rummage Sale in Legate Hall. Thursday and Friday 9-5:00 (Sat. 9-1).
- Sunday, November 4: Combined Vestry meets at 1:00 pm the Cunningham Center, Trinity-Platteville. Come share a meal prior to the meeting!
- Sunday, December 16: The Rt. Rev. Steve A. Miller, Bishop of the Diocese of Milwaukee, will visit Trinity-Mineral Point.
Father Brian’s schedule for September includes the following days off: Thursday, September 13th through Wednesday, September 19th.
On Sunday, September 23rd, we will hold a discussion during coffee hour about gardens and grounds around the church and rectory. What do you envision as the church’s presentation of the grounds to the community? What will be most welcoming and draw people inside? Mark Prouty has prepared a detailed sheet with items to consider, priorities, costs in both money and labor, and suggested dates for some items. We would like to hear from everyone; even if you are not going to have time or ability to dig in the dirt with us.
From Jane Stenson, chair of the Creation Care Committee:
Give Yourself a Pat on the Back!
Everyone at Trinity gets a big smile and a thank you for the amazing effort and accomplishments of last weekend’s environmental weekend: school groups films, a storytelling concert from Joe Bruchac, and the adult environmental films event. Plus, during the service on Sunday, Joseph offered his flute for the Gradual and a Thankful prayer that highlighted the environment. Definitely ambitious, our weekend demonstrated how to pay attention to the environment and how to advocate for the environment. We took our message into the community!